Wednesday 27 October 2010

Cat Law 24 Oct 2010

Could not have a hill blog and not include the hill that I look at every time I come out my front door. I think I first walked this hill when I was 10 but definitely remember climbing it for a sponsored walk aged 12. There are many ways to walk up Cat Law but since I had to take my dogs today and the older of the two has slight arthritis in her spine it was the best path for her also coming today was my dad. Started from Balintore where there is a great double track all the way to the summit, so really on a clear but very cold & windy day like it was it's very straightforward.
Looking towards the Cat Law















Looking to the west















On the summit with Poppy & Rosie















Looking east towards the sea over the Long Goat















Looking South over The Crandard to the Strathmore Valley















Although a short day today there were great views of Dreish, Mayer, Glas Maol, Creag Leacach, Glas Tulaichean, Ben Lawers, Schiehallion & many other hills. Another great walk on the Cat Law.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning views. I could sit on those mountains all day and just stare at the scenery.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete